Wednesday, September 15th, 2010
If you are stressed out, worried or confused about your future and sometimes feeling desperate, you are not alone. Unfortunately this is the absolute worst mindset to be in if you are trying to stay secure your current job, attempting to sell yourself at job interviews or trying to make plans for your best possible future.
So here my top ten list of things to do TODAY to get yourself back to basics so you can move forward from a stronger foundation:
1. Take a small action that is a positive for your health – Drink more water, take a walk or become inspired to do more for yourself by visiting the site www.Realage.com.
2. Call someone you love and trust and share your fears — getting fears out of your head will help.
3. Take a break – even if you are looking for work you need to unplug and rest to gain perspective.
4. Play with children or pets.
5. Have a cup of tea with the most positive person you know.
6. Help someone who needs support.
7. Learn about the benefits of optimism and your own ability to find happiness at http://www.authentichappiness.com
8. Write down three things you are grateful for.
9. Take a day off from news reports.
I am not suggesting that any or all of these actions will make your challenges disappear, but I do believe it will provide you some relief so you can regain some energy for the road ahead.
Let me know how it goes.
Laurel Donnellan CEO Bright Livelihoods
© 2010 – 2014, brightlivelihoods. All rights reserved.