the quality or state of being true.
that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality.
a fact or belief that is accepted as true.
What is the truth? Are you at odds with it or have you made peace with it? There are times when we may take what someone else says about us as the truth because we’ve heard it so often. Or we may ascribe to some version of ourselves that is far from our personal truth because we’re afraid people – employers, partners, family members – won’t understand, or like, our truth. Try one or all the actions below. See how the work you’ve completed on courage, faith and awareness has prepared you to define your truth and ultimately live it:
- What is one limiting belief do you have that if explored, can help you move into action?
- Where did you learn this idea?
- How can you begin to unravel the idea’s power and move it into a more positive thought? Here are examples:
- Talk to a therapist or a trusted friend about this and brainstorm ways to move past it.
- Write it on a piece of paper and burn it.
- Think of three small actions that defy this idea. Take these steps.
- Flip this negative thought into a true and positive thought. Repeat this idea to yourself three times.
Let me know how you’re doing! (PS – You’re doing great work!)
Know anyone whose career might benefit from a little self-care?
Have them take our Career Reality Check!
© 2016, brightlivelihoods. All rights reserved.