Career Yoga is an approach to career change that blends the ancient principles of yoga with current career development.
Yoga has been an important part of my life for over 20 years and the philosophy remains with me whether I am on the mat or not. I became a certified yoga teacher as the first step to becoming a career coach and dream advocate. I knew the practice of yoga was a great training ground for helping people have more peace, health and happiness at work. Since then I have taught basic yoga in corporate settings and a yoga class I coined “No Sweat” yoga when I lived in Taos, New Mexico.
For me yoga has been a journey back to myself. I have brought insights from yoga teacher I have had into the career development programs I have developed. This blog series is an exploration of the five principles of Career Yoga, helpful for anyone considering a career change. (Yoga knowledge or experience is optional!)
Here are the five principles and related questions that are the foundation of Career Yoga. Subsequent blogs will go more deeply into each area and as you review the following, think about which of the five concepts may help you most, as it relates to your professional life.
- How can I become more financially free?
- How can I become more physically free?
- How can I become more emotionally free?
- How can I create healthier relationships with people who challenge me?
- How can I create healthier relationships with people who support me?
- How can I build a more developed network?
- What are my natural talents?
- What am I curious about?
- What moves me to tears?
- Am I holding on to things I need to let go of?
- Am I open to new options?
- Am I willing to stretch?
- What is my soul work?
- What is my bridge to soul work?
- What am I willing to give up to get to my soul work?
I look forward to having this ideas with you and I hope you will take part by commenting and asking questions.
© 2015, brightlivelihoods. All rights reserved.