The practice of hatha yoga creates more physical equilibrium. The practice of career yoga creates physiological equilibrium so you can make livelihood decisions from a more clear, centered and stronger place. You really can not make a bad decision if you make if from a good place.
If you think about your career so far, where you are now, is certainly the result of a series of decisions such as where you decided to go to school, where you live, how you socialize and where you decided to apply for jobs. Creating more career balance will allow you to have a stronger foundation so you can go after work you love instead of just the next job.
There are three key questions related to balance and suggested actions to help you create career equilibrium today:
1. How can I become more financially free
- Create a financial plan
- Make sure you are being paid fairly and if you are not, ask for a raise
- Think about side projects you can do for more revenue
- Sell things you no longer need
- Explore other careers and jobs so you have more options in the future
2. How can I become more physically free?
- Attend to basics first: water, regular meals and enough sleep
- Challenge yourself by upping your exercise routine
- Get caught up on medical and dental appointments
- Explore alternative stress/pain relieving therapies such as acupuncture or massage
3. How can I become more emotionally free?
- Forgive someone
- Talk to a trusted friend about something you are worried about
- Plan to have a hard conversation you have been delaying THIS WEEK
- Find a mentor, a therapist, a spiritual adviser or coach to support you
- Every morning, ask yourself two questions: “How would I like to be treated today?” and “How do I want to treat others today?”
Please let me know if you any questions or comments.
© 2015, brightlivelihoods. All rights reserved.